Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A fantastic op-ed piece

I have been thinking a lot over the last day or so about the health care debate and the bill that Obama signed this morning. On the one hand, I am not so fiscally liberal that I think government can provide everything to everyone. On the other hand, however, our health care system is broken, and the private sector seems unwilling or unable to fix the problem. Health care costs are the number one cause of bankruptcy in the United States, a truly troubling statistic.

I was about to write a long post summarizing many of my thoughts about the Republican Party's opposition to the bill, but Bob Herbert of the New York Times pretty much wrote what I was going to say(albeit more eloquently than me). Here is his Op-Ed. Onward to immigration reform. And you thought health care was partisan!

1 comment:

Karen L R said...

This is a great piece. Thank for sharing.