Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Coffee Party

Given how much time I spend paying attention to politics and political parties, it surprised me that I hadn't heard about a large new political movement called the Coffee Party. They are holding events all across the country at coffee shops today. The party appeals to me because they are trying to get people to have meaningful dialogues about the problems facing our country, which none of the other political parties seem to be concerned about. While they claim they are all about diverse viewpoints, I suspect many will see this as a direct response to the Tea Party movement, and it may well draw a distinctly left of center crowd. Now that I am pretty close to renouncing the Democratic Party and becoming an independent, it will be worth watching what this party accomplishes. They have some interesting stuff on their website and I encourage you to check it out if you get a chance.

No comments: